Myeloma Alberta Support Society (MASS) fund raising is directly in support of multiple myeloma research conducted at the University of Alberta and the Cross Cancer Institute (CCI). This support has been instrumental in maintaining the research infrastructure and specialized personnel in Edmonton, striving towards the goals of contributing towards improved treatment options and enhancing patient quality of life.
In the past years Myeloma Alberta Support Society has been very successful in generating over $700,000. to support this local research initive, this page provides an overview of those fund raisers.
2017 Research Fundraisers
- A casino held on April 7 and 8 at the Grand Villa Casino, and supported by the volunteer efforts of MASS members and friends, raised over $75,000 for Myeloma Research.
- The 8th annual Multiple Miles for Myeloma walk/run was held on July 15, 17 and raised over $80,000 in donations.
- Malcolm Stinson ran a series of ironman races during the month of July and raised over $7,000 in pledges.
- John Kerr participated in the Canadian death race in Grande Prairie, Alberta and raised over $5,000 for myeloma research.
2016 Research Fundraisers
- The 7th Annual “Multiple Miles for Myeloma” on July 16 raised to date in excess of $90,000. Funds are still coming in, a final total will be published at a later date.
2015 Research Fundraisers
- January 21 and 22 a casino held the Baccarat casino, funds from this event were used to support Myeloma Research.
- “Fork It Over” on January 30, Dinner & silent Auction. This event was the 15th Annual Dinner held by the Mayfield Rotary Club who designated the Myeloma Alberta Support Society to share in the funds raised from this event to support Myeloma Research.
- The 6th annual “Multiple Miles for Myeloma” on July 18 raised over $113,00. which was forwarded to the University of Alberta for Myeloma Research at the University of Alberta and the Cross Cancer Institute.
2014 Research Fundraisers
- The 5th Annual Multiple Miles for Myeloma raised over $140,000. for Myeloma Research at the University of Alberta and Cross Cancer Institute.
- A member of the Myeloma Alberta Support Society, Vicky St. Nicolaas, presented a $22,000 cheque raised by her “Cash for Myeloma” event. This money was donated in support of Dr. Chris Venner’s Alberta data Base Initiative.
2013 Research Fundraisers
- The 4th Annual Multiple Miles for Myeloma raised over $105,000. for Myeloma Research at the University of Alberta and Cross Cancer Institute.
- A casino generated funds used to support Myeloma Research
Left to Right: Dr. Chris Venner, Lorelei Dalrymple, Dr. Andrew Belch, Dr. Linda Pilarski, Michael Chibuk & Dr. Irwin Sandhu.
2012 Research Fundraiser
- The 3rd Annual “Multiple Miles for Myeloma” raised over $80,000 for Myeloma Research
2011 Research Fundraiser
- The 2nd Annual “Multiple Miles for Myeloma” raised over $83,000 for Myeloma Research
2010 Research Fundraisers
- The “Multiple Miles for Myeloma raised over $40,000 for Myeloma Research and was identified to become an annual fundraiser.